Pages

Tuesday 13 August 2019

Bridge Building

We have been learning about forces and how they help shape the sort of bridges that we build. 
We learned that there are three main types of bridge design; beam, truss and suspension.  
Using this knowledge we designed and built our own bridges.  
Miss Fletcher set the challenge that our bridges had to be 30 cm long and strong enough to hold an object.  
In my group there was Mikayla and Olivia.  
We used egg cartons cardboard ice block sticks paper towels to build our bridge.  Here is a photo of our truss bridge.  
What I like best about our bridge is how we drew the road.  





1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora,Ella
    My name is Rachel and I am a student in Room 4 at Tautoro School. I am 8 years old.
    I really like your bridge that you made.
    It is amazing how much you have been learning about bridges. I liked your learning about bridge designs and that there are 3 main types of bridge design. Which design was your bridge? Was it a beam, a truss or a suspension? Also was your bridge strong enough to hold an object?
    Blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete